Modern Slavery and Business Risk
ABOUT THE EVENT
Join online on September 26, with the global expert, the founder and CEO of The Mekong Club, Matthew Friedman on modern slavery and human trafficking. An award-winning filmmaker, author and philanthropist, Matthew regularly advises heads of governments and intelligence agencies. Matthew is considered the leading catalyst of the anti-slavery movement in Asia’s business sector by captains of industry.
He has managed and directed tens of millions of dollars to major humanitarian portfolios impacting millions of people for the World Bank, the U.S. State Department and the United Nations.
Matthew has a unique and powerful speaking style that inspires people and helps them reach their fullest potential. Matthew provides a range of inspirational keynote speeches to teach and motivate people from all walks of life to step up and take a stand in life. He has shifted the mindsets of many, even the most resistant detractors. His is always a message of hope.
- A detailed description of the relationship between forms of modern slavery and business risk;
- A detailed analysis of the relevance of this issue to the private sector;
- An update on the relevance of ESG to modern slavery;
- The changing modern slavery paradigm in all its forms;
- The impact of COVID on modern slavery and supply chains globally;
- A comprehensive summary of global trends and patterns;
- An update on recent and emerging legislation; and
- A description of tangible, practical tools and approaches used throughout the world to help businesses identify and address this potential problem.