National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA) are instructing in Cryptocurrency investigative methods. An Ai6 EDU event.
About this event
***THIS TRAINING IS FOR INVESTIGATORS, ANALYSTS and MANAGERS*** **THIS IS PART OF THE CYBER INVESTIGATION SERIES – No Pre-requisites required** Ai6 will be hosting the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (www.NCFTA.net) for 3 days certification training on Cryptocurrencies investigative methods. This immersive course will provide investigators with an understanding of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain and the role they play in our society. Investigators will learn of various investigative methods and open source resources available to aid them in investigations involving cryptocurrencies. The course will provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of the online criminal ecosystem that relies on cryptocurrencies and the anonymity it affords. The training will be mostly hands-on, with students walking through the steps, explanations of the programs and demonstrations. This training will have a large practical component.
- Understand cryptocurrencies and the blockchain
- Understand cryptocurrency exchanges, mixers/tumblers
- Types of Cryptocurrencies and how to use them
- How currencies are started/financed/backed and regulation
- Examine different types of wallets and how they work
- Investigating/examining the blockchain, wallets and transactions
- Understanding private key, public keys, encryption (PGP +)
- Intro to Digital forensics for Cryptocurrencies
- Case studies of investigations related to cryptocurrencies