Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training for Art Businesses
About this event
- In need of AML training but not sure the best way to do this?
- Not sure what it even means to comply with AML legislation?
- Desperate to speak with an AML specialist that understands the art market?
If you’ve answered ‘YES’ to any if not all the above questions, this event is for you.***The first 19 tickets are available at the reduced price of £45 (representing a 30% discount on the full-price tickets at £65).***
This workshop will cover what you need to know about the Money Laundering Regulations (think: AML checks) and Proceeds of Crime Act (think: provenance) to meet compliance obligations, provide insights for mitigating risks and protect your business.
You are invited to submit your AML questions as part of the event’s booking form and will be invited to ask questions during the LIVE workshop.
Following successful completion of the training session, you will receive a course certificate. Attendees who are ArtAML subscribers will be encouraged to upload this document to your account, so that it’s accessible in the case that you’re asked to provide evidence of fulfilling the obligation to have AML training.
Important points on attendance:
- As the course is being delivered at CPD standard, delegates are requested to have your video ON throughout the session unless you have a medical exception.
- When booking, be sure to provide the name that should be presented on the corresponding AML Certificate.
- Polls are provided at the end of each session module, which counts towards receipt of your AML Training Certificate.
About the trainer:SUSAN J MUMFORD (MA, FRSA, MPSA) is a serial entrepreneur in the art market. Having arrived in the UK from the USA in 2000, she ran a gallery in Soho, London, from 2006-11. When the art world entered a new era following the credit crunch of 2008, she founded the Association of Women Art Dealers (AWAD), an international multi-chapter non-profit network connecting women and women-identifying art dealers on a global basis. This was followed by the creation of Be Smart About Art, an online-accessible professional development platform that helps creative professionals thrive in a changing world. In 2018, she embarked upon ArtAML, a platform uniting technology and art market know-how to keep dealers dealing and buyers buying while confidently complying. Her art market expertise has played a crucial role as a thought leader on AML in the art market. Highlights include involvement with HM Treasury’s Transposition of the Fifth Money Laundering Directive (2019) and regular appearances in industry press (Financial Times Weekend, The Art Newspaper, Antiques Trade Gazette, Artnet News, Artsy, ArtTactic podcast and The Sunday Telegraph).
SUSAN J MUMFORD