Anti Money Laundering: Lawyers as Gatekeepers?
About this event
This webinar seeks to explore the role of lawyers in the race against global money laundering. This is an important and timely event given recent controversies about the applicability of AML regulations to Lawyers and the potential impact of such rules on Attorney-Client Privilege and the independence of the legal profession more generally.
- Dr Nathanael Tilahun, Assistant professor of Law, Coventry University’s Centre for Financial and Corporate Integrity
- Emile Leiba, Partner , DunnCox and immediate past president of the Jamaican Bar Association
- Dr Katie Benson, Lecturer in Criminology, University of Manchester
- Jamal Aziz, Executive Director, Research Society of International Law
- Benedict Daudu, Senior Associate, J. B Daudu & Co, Nigeria