Back to the Basics of Financial Crime Compliance and Investigations
Complimentary webinar, presented by the ACFCS New York Chapter
In this relaunch event, the New York Chapter Executive Board will set the stage for our upcoming programs.
The introductory portion will cover differentiators that make ACFCS and this chapter unique among other options, backgrounds of the Executive Board, and upcoming topics and events.
The educational portion of the meeting will kick off our Financial Crime Compliance and Investigations Bootcamp series. This first session will cover the how and why FinCrime professionals are doing many of the tasks that they do, so they can answer the question ‘How would you do your job if you didn’t have any monitoring systems?’ This will be presented from the historical and current viewpoints of both large and small financial institutions and include a time for Q&A.
During the closing portion, the Board members will open the floor to questions from attendees about the Chapter, ACFCS, and events, etc.
In this webinar you will learn:
1) The goals of the relaunched ACFCS New York Chapter and membership benefits
2) The history of why financial institutions employ monitoring systems?
3) What was the genesis of today’s regulatory environment?
4) What are the monitoring systems designed to detect (and how have they evolved to meet regulations), and why is that important for financial crime professionals to know?
5) How would financial crime professionals do this work without the benefit of an automated system?
6) How do these needs vary based on the size and focus of a financial institution?