The crypto regulatory landscape today
– What are the most significant pieces of legislation that industry participants should be aware of?
– What is driving the increase in regulatory oversight?
– Has there been an uptick in crypto crime in Canada?
The latest draft FATF guidance
– Are Canadian businesses ready to implement the FATF guidance?
– In the latest FATF draft guidance, NFTs that may possibly facilitate money laundering and terrorism funding activities will be considered VAs. Have we seen the use of NFTs in money laundering or other criminal behaviour yet?
– The latest FATF draft guidance also introduces discussions around DeFi. e.g. DEXs and DeFi protocols are considered VASPs. What are the industry’s concerns when it comes to regulating DeFi?
Travel Rule — Are businesses ready to implement Travel Rule?
Canadian crypto regulation now and the future
– What are the biggest challenges that Canadian crypto businesses are facing when it comes to compliance?
– What advice would the panel give to Canadian-based crypto businesses looking to fight crypto crime and comply with local and global regulations?