HHR Compliance Webinar: The Impact of Economic Sanctions on Respect for Human Rights
From the US Magnitsky Act to the recent sanctions in relation to Xinjiang, Hong Kong and certain Chinese companies, economic sanctions are becoming the preferred tool for the US and EU to address Human rights concerns around the world and have given rise to counter-measures by countries such as China. Join attorneys from Hughes Hubbard’s Economic sanctions, Greater China and Compliance & Internal Investigations practices to learn:
- What to expect from the US during the Biden Administration;
- Implications of the EU’s new global Human rights sanctions regime; and
- How China and other countries are responding to these measures.
- Ryan Fayhee, Partner and Head of the Sanctions, Export Controls & Anti-Money Laundering practice group;
- Roy (Ruoweng) Liu, Partner and Chair of the Greater China practice group; and
- Nicolas Tollet, Partner in Compliance & Internal Investigations practice group.
Moderator:Athena Arbes, Associate in the Compliance & Internal Investigations practice group. We plan to reserve at least 20 minutes for Q&A to allow you to engage in conversation on these pressing issues.