Mitigating Ransomware Sanctions Risks
About this webinarThe U.S. Treasury Department recently signaled potentially more aggressive enforcement of sanctions and anti-money-laundering laws against those paying ransoms to blacklisted cybercriminals. The move comes as companies are facing an onslaught of ransomware attacks, and an ongoing debate about the tradeoffs between making such payments or risking the loss of business-critical data. This represents a complex issue for both compliance and cybersecurity professionals as they make urgent decisions while attempting the challenging task of identifying attackers. Join The Wall Street Journal for a webinar discussion hosted by Dow Jones Risk & Compliance on what steps companies can take to ensure they remain on the right side of the law. Discussion topics will include:
- The implications of recent U.S. Treasury Department advisories.
- How companies should incorporate compliance risks in responding to ransom demands.
- Navigating the difficulty of attribution and the impact on sanctions and regulatory requirements.
- Determining whether a sanctioned entity and individual is blacklisted on OFAC’s list.
- Ensuring current due diligence processes mitigate ransomware-related sanctions risks.