Paycheck Protection Program Fraud Investigation Trends
OverviewThe Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) was established to provide federally backed loans to businesses that needed financial relief during the COVID-19 crisis. The program proved susceptible to fraud, and federal authorities have undertaken extensive and aggressive efforts to identify and prosecute individuals and companies that may have fraudulently obtained funds.
Topics will include:
- Overview of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security (CARES) Act & PPP
- PPP Enforcement Trends & Early Criminal Cases
- How to Prepare for a PPP Audit
- Investigative Techniques for PPP Enforcement, Including Subpoenas, Audits & Search Warrants
- Tips for Responding to an Investigation