Teaching Your Front-Line Staff How to Ask BSA Questions
OVERVIEWThe frontline staff of any financial institution is the first line of defense for BSA compliance. Therefore, an ill-trained frontline staff could lead to the collapse of an institution or the imposing of enforcement actions from the regulators. A strong and well-educated frontline staff will help develop a strong back office BSA department for your institution. Often, the frontline staff does not know why they are asking BSA questions or what the focus of BSA truly is. This webinar will not only give your frontline staff viable scenarios and ways to respond during the customer question and answer process, but this training will also explain why your staff are asking the questions in the first place. Another valuable section of this webinar will teach the frontline staff when questions need to be asked. Most staff are familiar with how and why they ask questions related to CTRs and the Monetary Instrument Log, but they need to be able to look at a customer’s account history so as to understand how to ask questions related to the SAR process. Areas Covered:
- Responsibilities of frontline staff, customer service vs. bank preservation
- Updating customer information, CTR, SAR, and Monetary Instrument Log scenarios.
- Building a strong relationship between the frontline staff and back office staff.
- Developing a culture of compliance in the frontline staff.
- what customer information to gather.
- How to gather the information.
- why gathering the information is important.
- How your financial institution can use the information.
Why Should you attend?During this webinar we will discuss what questions to ask, the specific KYC/CDD questions, the general customer update questions, and most importantly, the questions related to suspicious activity. When this webinar is over, you will understand what information is available, how you should analyze the information, what your regulators expect from your institution, and some of the dangers of not fully complying with KYC/CDD information gathering requirements. You will be able to apply what you have learned during this webinar to you job function immediately upon returning to work.
Who Should Attend?
- BSA Officers
- Risk Managers
- Customer Service Staff
- On-boarding of new customers staff
- Front-Line staff
Thomas E. Nollner