The Criminal Side of Cryptocurrency
DescriptionFor many, the world of virtual assets and criminality is a murky one, and this Toronto Compliance & AML Events (TCAE) Knowledge Series session will be dedicated to bringing some clarity to that world. Have you ever wondered how cryptocurrencies are being exploited for illicit purposes, and why the technology is so appealing to illicit actors? How much money is laundered through cryptocurrency? Explore these questions and more with subject matter experts Melanie Lefebvre and Fara Fallah who will also be discussing the criminal activity found in the industry, and the trends and laundering techniques used by criminals.
- How criminals take advantage of cryptocurrencies
- Why criminals find cryptocurrencies appealing
- 2019 and 2020 industry trends in criminal activity
- Cryptocurrency investigations to fight against human exploitation
Why The Knowledge Series Premium Session?
- Unique topics and detailed sessions
- Extended time for Q&A
- Receive the recording of the session
- Receive a PDF of presentation slides & further read handout
- Participants receive a Certificate of Completion once they pass the Knowledge Test