The KYC Academy
A short course of weekly remote learning sessions that seeks to quickly build competence and confidence in those undertaking KYC on clients
About this Event
Who is it for?
- For the first line of defence, KYC practitioners who need to know more than just the rules, who need to know practical solutions to the common (and uncommon) KYC challenges, and their managers and team leaders.
- For the second and third lines of defence, Compliance, Audit and AFC professionals need to give clear and insightful guidance and feedback and oversee effective KYC.
- There’s no qualification, no history of regulation, no financial crime typologies, just practical KYC as it should be applied in a financial institution in the 2020s. It’s about training people to fulfil a crucial role with the right approach and with confidence.
- It requires attendance (online) at seven, 90-minute sessions. There are no assignments or exams, just an absolute focus on the job itself.
- There is, however, a Q&A facility, both during the sessions and between them, where queries on specific challenges can be raised and answered.
— TESTIMONIALS FROM 2021 KYC ACADEMY GRADUATES —“Expertly run. A brilliant short course not only aimed at KYC practitioners but for complete novices (like myself). Great opportunity to understand more about the every day [KYC] challenges and the solutions to overcome them.” “Whether you want to get into KYC/AML or just want to sharpen up your skills, this is the course for you. I honestly cannot recommend this enough.” “Big thank you … for not only the bulk of practical information delivered, but also for making it entertaining and enjoyable … 7 weeks flew by.” The course begins on 13 April and will run weekly for seven weeks from 17:15 – 18:45 London time. The programme is subject to cancellation or rescheduling no later than a week prior to the start date. In the event of a cancellation or a reschedule that is not suitable, a full refund will be issued.