Trends in Global Arms Transfers and Military Spending
DescriptionJoin the Stimson Center and the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) for a discussion on recent trends in global arms transfers and military spending. The webinar will highlight SIPRI’s latest global trends reports and forecast future dynamics arising from the global COVID-19 pandemic. The webinar will feature expert insights on regional dynamics and highlight larger arms trade and military spending implications for global peace, security, and the economy.
- Dr. Nan Tian, Researcher, Arms and Military Expenditure Programme, SIPRI
- Siemon Wezeman, Senior Researcher, Arms and Military Expenditure Programme, SIPRI
- Valerie Insinna, Air Warfare Reporter, Defense News
- Mandy Smithberger, Director, Straus Military Reform Project at the Center for Defense Information, Project on Government Oversight
- Rachel Stohl, Vice President, Stimson Center