Score Media and Gaming Inc. empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. The Company’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience and is currently available to place wagers in New Jersey, Colorado, Indiana and Iowa. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq (SCR), theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
The Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) Analyst will play an important role in the growth and development of theScore’s AML analysis and reporting team, which is responsible for detecting, deterring, and reporting suspicious activity via Suspicious Transaction Reports (“STRs”) as well as applicable transactions that trigger Casino Disbursement Reports (“CDRs”) and Large Cash Transaction Reports (“LCTRs”) to provincial and federal regulators in Canada, and Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) and Currency Transaction Reports (“CTRs”) to state and federal regulators in the USA. The AML Analyst will support the Director of Compliance as well as the Sr. AML Analyst and be the primary point person for ensuring the timely completion and submission of FinCEN reports and FINTRAC reports via F2R.
Typical Workday at theScore:
- Perform work in the area of AML investigations including, but not limited to, customer identification (“CIP”), customer due diligence (“CDD”), enhanced due diligence (“EDD”), Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) investigations, and other related regulatory matters.
- Act as the primary individual responsible for completing FINTRAC reports via F2R and FinCEN reports, ensuring timely completeness, consistency and quality of information being reported
- Prepare, maintain, and coordinate various recurring reports (high-risk patron lists, STR/SAR summary reports, etc.) for timely submission to regulators
- Support the Sr. AML Analyst with maintaining the company’s enterprise-wide patron monitoring program which includes ongoing patron reviews and patron risk rating.
- Use information gathered from various system sources and staff to detect patterns, trends and unusual activity; ensure that investigations are completed and that STRs/SARs, CDRs/CTRs, and LCTRs (when required) are filed.
- Serve as the custodian of company records in relation to legal requests (e.g., production orders) from law enforcement and government agencies
- Provide guidance to internal and external partners regarding questions specific to compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and obligations
- Participate in external AML certification and training programs to ensure subject area expertise.
- Other duties as required.
- A post-secondary education degree with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a gaming or BSA/AML compliance monitoring environment with an understanding of Title 31 of the Bank Secrecy Act, Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act, and FINTRAC and FinCEN guidelines, preferably in an online gaming setting
- Minimum of three (3) years progressive experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of minimum educational/experience requirements indicated above.
- Must possesses a knowledge of FINTRAC F2R and batch reporting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel) a plus
- This role may require the successful candidate to apply gaming licenses in various jurisdictions in both the USA and Canada.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification strongly preferred.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Parental leave top up.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.