AML Analyst (Remote)
Tether enables businesses – including exchanges, wallets, payment processors, financial services and ATMs – to easily use reserve-backed tokens on blockchains. By leveraging blockchain technology, Tether allows you to store, send and receive digital tokens person-to-person, globally, instantly, and securely for a fraction of the cost of alternatives. Tether’s platform is built to prioritize transparency at all times.
Being anchored or “tethered” to real world currency, Tether provides protection from the volatility of cryptocurrencies. Tether is a token backed by actual assets, including USD and Euros. One Tether equals one underlying unit of the currency backing it, e.g., the U.S. Dollar, and is backed 100% by actual assets in the Tether platform’s reserve account.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far our company has grown fast and stayed lean to secure its place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have confidence you can conquer the most challenging feats we’ll encounter, we want to talk to you. Join us, and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
We are looking for full-time staff to help with our customer onboarding and compliance functions. This would primarily entail reviewing and assessing customer information and documentation as part of our stringent KYC standards, customer outreach to obtain required information and screening accounts, as well as generating reports for the Compliance department. Training will be provided in regards to the latest international AML requirements and standards as well as for digital asset developments.
In this role, the incumbent’s main responsibilities include; reviewing KYC documentation for on-boarding and ongoing due diligence, identifying high risk categories and accounts using Tether’s risk-based approach model, assist with assignment and completion of periodic reviews, perform KYC checks and ensure the accuracy of the data maintained in the system, conduct AML/CTF investigations using blockchain forensics tools, file Suspicious Activity Reports, and assist the compliance team with ad-hoc assignments.
The incumbent will also work with the Compliance Manager in developing, implementing and continuously improving the Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and Transaction Monitoring (TM) program, policies and procedures and ensuring that Compliance Unit executes the company’s regulatory reporting requirements and effectively mitigating money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF) and Sanctions offense risks in accordance with applicable laws and expectations in the jurisdictions in which the company operates
The position will entail written and, on occasions, verbal communication and the incumbent should demonstrate a natural ability to communicate politely and clearly with internal and external parties, whilst in command of our strict KYC/EDD standards.
The incumbent will maintain and develop strong relationships and network amongst peers in the industry to learn and share best practices and analytical techniques.
In performing the role, the incumbent will continuously strive to continuously self-develop and enhance their skill sets including understanding blockchain technology, virtual currencies, suspicious activities in the space, criminals’ modus operandi and best investigative practices to mitigate against the risk of money laundering, financing terrorism or violating sanctions on behalf of Tether, and to ensure the company’s robust Regulatory Compliance.
In addition to the requirements listed below, the incumbent must be able to work independently with minimum supervision (seeking guidance as required), flexible as to working arrangement and hours and confident in making decisions as delegated by the Compliance Manager / CCO.
- Secondary education (University or College Preferred)
- Experience in an analytical or investigative function
- Introductory level AML experience including customer and enhanced due diligence (CDD/EDD), AML/CTF/Sanctions Investigations and SAR/STR reporting
- Good understanding of the onboarding process and requirements
- Basic knowledge of blockchain technology (enhanced in the role)
- CBP designation (Preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and G-Suite Products including Microsoft Excel (e.g. creating pivot tables, using advanced formulas, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical-thinking skills (decision-making)
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Organizational understanding (enhanced in the role)
- Blockchain analytical tools such as Chainalysis, Elliptic, Ciphertrace is an advantage
- Fast learner/able to meet tight deadlines
- Good team player and ability to work independently on own initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin/Simplified Chinese/Cantonese an asset