AML Compliance Analyst
Duo Bank of Canada is a Canadian Bank founded on a mission to provide value-driven financial products that are clear and simple, to help Canadians focus on what matters to them. We specialize in turnkey and customizable financial services solutions designed to deepen customer loyalty and grow sales. Our growing complement of products and services includes credit card, rewards, and related protection services. With a value-driven approach to financial services, robust sales channels and innovative and efficient operational solutions, Duo Bank partners with industry leading service providers to deliver the next generation of financial solutions.
Our associates are creating and delivering best-in-class customer experiences every day working as a team in our fast-paced, collaborative environment, where new ideas and unique perspectives are welcomed and valued. We embrace an ownership mindset that fuels creativity, high performance and new approaches that challenge the status quo.
Duo Bank is more than a place to work; it’s a place to thrive.
Location: Downtown Toronto, however all Associates are currently working from home temporarily until further notice.
The AML Compliance Analysts is responsible for upholding an overall culture of compliance within Duo Bank. As one of the first regulatory lines of defense of the Bank’s Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) Program, this role is critical in adhering to and enforcing relevant legislation.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, AML Compliance, the AML Compliance Analyst will be responsible for executing the day-to-day processes and functions of the Bank’s AML/ATF program. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and investigation customer transactions, filing regulatory reports and ensuring compliance policies and procedures are followed within the Bank.
- Review alerts from the automated transaction monitoring system to identify potential instances of money-laundering or terrorist financing
- Conduct investigations intended to effectively mitigate risk and address all relevant regulatory requirements
- Reviewing names and entities on name-screening software for decisioning, escalation, and potential reporting
- Complete documentation and Enhance Due Diligence reviews to mitigate and manage risk exposure for high-risk accounts
- Ensure timely and efficient reporting of transactions considered suspicious
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports within prescribed deadlines to regulators, specifically Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI) and Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Centre of Canada (FINTRAC)
- Aid in the development and implementation of AML/ATF policies and procedures
- Provide assistance during effectiveness reviews, regulatory examinations and external reviews
- Assist in the analysis, recommendations, and development and/or enhancement of the Bank’s AML/ATF Program establishing best practices and implementing changes to the Program as required
- Stay current with money laundering and terrorist financing behaviors, issues, policies, regulations, criminal typologies, industry best practices, and developing trends
- Complete other duties and projects as may be assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry
- Understanding of compliance reporting requirements and regulations applicable to banks, ideally with experience in AML/ATF
- ACAMS certification valuable, but not required
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills is an asset
- Extensive time management and organization skills, to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and a demonstrated history of critical thinking and good judgment
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner while providing high-quality output
- Ability to make decisions independently using sound judgment
- Work well under pressure and shifting priorities while meeting multiple or conflicting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and very strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to interpret and operationalize regulatory requirements
Duo Bank will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.