Anti-Money Laundering & Anti-Terrorist Financing Analyst, Contract
About the job
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
2 Year Contract Opportunity **
Reporting to the Manager, AML Compliance, the AML/ATF Analyst will play a key role in helping to ensure regulatory AML/ATF compliance across Sun Life Canada. The AML/ATF Analyst will join a team of compliance professionals in a role that will provide exposure to all business units across Sun Life’s Canadian operations, while helping to ensure the integrity of Sun Life clients, transactions, and reputation. In this role, the incumbent will be involved in all the elements of the AML/ATF Compliance Program in Canada, including the investigation of unusual transactions, processing suspicious transaction reports, conducting due diligence reviews and other investigations, assessing and monitoring high risk clients, completing client risk assessments, and more. The Analyst may also participate in different AML/ATF projects and initiatives. The Analyst role is a perfect opportunity to join a high performing Compliance team, with opportunities for growth and development, while contributing to Sun Life Canada AML/ATF Program in whole.
What will you do?
- Apply high standards of analysis, accuracy and quality to daily AML/ATF alert reviews, investigations and associated client risk assessments
- Collaborate with business partners and Business Unit Compliance Officer (BUCO) team members to identify high risk clients and complete enhanced due diligence measures
- Investigate unusual transactions and make recommendations regarding risk levels and subsequent regulatory filing, as required
- Actively participate in various AML/ATF compliance projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Sun Life Canada AML/ATF Program Policies and Procedures
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory requirements in order to provide guidance to business partners regarding related processes and procedures
- Identify and articulate continuous improvement opportunities to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the AML/ATF program
What do you need to succeed?
A minimum of 2 years of experience in regulatory compliance, risk, audit, or related finance role with a focus on AML/ATF compliance in the financial services industryUniversity degree or equivalent educationInterest in regulatory compliance, specifically AML/ATF legislation and regulationStrong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and teamwork skillsStrong analytical skillsHigh degree of accuracy and attention to detailExperience in drafting recommendations to senior leadership and filings to regulatorsAbility to prioritize workload based on risk and associated deadlinesHighly motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively take ownership of a task/project and deliver results in a timely manner while working independently with minimum supervisionProficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Internet/Web navigation research skills (eg. Open source)Government Clearance (Reliability Status) is mandatory – only those with existing clearance or those willing to obtain will be considered
- Knowledge of insurance and wealth products and services, particularly within Sun Life Canada
- Prior experience working in a high volume financial transaction environment/high volume production teams
- Understanding of the Canadian AML/ATF regulatory requirements
- Understanding of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing current developments/techniques
- Current Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification, or willingness to obtain
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- 15 days vacation per year
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health – mental, physical and financial
- Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life and enjoy a healthier lifestyle
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected] .
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
49,400/49 400 – 80,800/80 800