Compliance Operations Specialist
About the job
Our client is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency derivatives trading platform, which has pioneered cryptocurrency trading through relentless commitment to change, and continues to set benchmarks for innovation, liquidity, and security today.
The client has one of the most advanced peer-to-peer crypto-products trading platform and API and they give knowledge, confidence, and precision to hundreds of thousands of traders, transacting billions of USD$ a day.
An intermediate level compliance operations role responsible for supporting the implementation and continuous improvement of our client’s AML and Trade Surveillance compliance program, alongside responsibility for day-to-day operational transaction monitoring. The compliance program aims to lead the virtual asset industry, and the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and maturing the program to this vision.
- Participate in the implementation and maturity of the selected AML / Trade Surveillance transaction monitoring system, Operating Level Agreement, and procedures
- Actively review transaction monitoring alerts to a defined OLA and procedures, and remediate accordingly where escalation is deemed unnecessary
- Perform initial investigation on transaction monitoring alerts demonstrating characteristics of unusual behaviour
- Prepare unusual activity reports for activity requiring further investigation by the internal FIU
- Produce weekly transaction monitoring statistics and analysis for reporting to management
- Compliance qualification (e.g. ICA Diploma / ACAMS)
- Deep understanding of financial markets, in particular derivatives trading
- At least 4 years of trade surveillance experience and 2 years of AML transaction monitoring experience
- Demonstrable financial crime investigative skills, with experience of uncovering patterns of suspicious behaviour
- Demonstrable ability to operate under own initiative
- Exposure to global markets
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrable interest in virtual asset financial services
- Exposure to blockchain transaction analytics monitoring (desirable)
- Knowledge of data manipulation / extraction / presentation techniques such as SQL queries and Tableau (desirable)