Investigator, AML – Financial Intelligence Unit
About the job
What is the opportunity?
As Investigator, you will work as an integral member of the AML Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Investigations team. You will plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations into matters referred to the Unit. Through the gathering, analysis and evaluation of relevant information, you will determine whether sufficient suspicion exists of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities, to justify making a report to the Regulatory Authority. As an Investigator, you play a key role in complying with legislative/regulatory requirements, and mitigating risk to RBC, in line with established RBC policy.
What will you do?
- Plan, conduct and complete risk based investigations into matters identified from media scans, transaction monitoring, as well as Unusual Transaction Reporting via internal partners
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous records of all investigative actions and decisions taken, ensuring that all material and information obtained is treated in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements and RBC policy
- Gather information/intelligence from all available sources, in order to determine whether sufficient suspicion of money laundering, financing of terrorism or other criminal activities exists
- Prepare relevant reports as required including documentation in support of any action proposed based on the results of investigations
- Promote, support and adhere to RBC’s policies and guidelines on Code of Conduct, Personal and Professional Development, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection and Information Security, in accordance with published policy / guidance documents and protocols
- Work with the Global AML-FIU Investigation Team and other FIU partners to ensure that investigations are conducted within defined timelines and are escalated in accordance with relevant policy
What do you need to succeed?
- Understanding of money laundering process in general and knowledge of various money laundering indicators
- Strong investigative, critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to apply them in various scenarios
- Knowledge and understanding of FINTRAC guidance/requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to gather and present complex information in a simple and concise manner is essential for this role
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study (i.e. accounting, business, political science, criminology)
- At a minimum, an Intermediate proficiency level of skill in Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word
- Working background/experience with the major business segments of RBC
- ACAMS Certification
- AML background in Canadian banking
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com
Address: 20 King St. West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Entry Level
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/14/2022
Platform: Group Risk Management
Req ID: 436038