Regulatory Compliance Analyst
About the job
Coinsquare is excited to announce an opening for a Regulatory Compliance Analyst role! This person will support the efforts of maintaining core components of the Compliance program function. As a Regulatory Compliance Analyst, this person will also help build a data-focused approach to Compliance.
- Creates, maintains, and archives Compliance data and reporting monthly metrics
- Liaises with internal departments to obtain statistical data to maintain and update Compliance reports and databases on a regular basis
- Assists Compliance with administrative functions related to regulatory and corporate compliance program requirements and other ad hoc assigned duties where needed
- Participates in Compliance department investigations and transactions monitoring
- Participates in self-assessment, audit, quality assurance, and regulatory testing exercises
- Completes ad hoc projects or miscellaneous duties as required
- Develops awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements, developments and industry “best practices” through review of publications, participation in industry associations, employee development initiatives, etc.
Key Skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in financial services
- Business intelligence and project management skills
- Experience performing data collection, research, analysis and administration
- Introductory knowledge of Canadian securities laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracyStrong verbal/written communication and organizational skills
- Strong research, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- High level of enthusiasm and desire to learn and progress in skills
- Solid time management skillsSolid interpersonal and team interaction skills
- Previous compliance experience an asset
Nice to Have :
- Completion of Canadian Securities Institute course(s) within 12 months of hire
Coinsquare is Canada’s leading and most secure digital asset trading platform for trading Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and other digital currencies.
We built the most secure trading platform, and since our founding in 2014 we’ve never lost a coin. We’re FINTRAC regulated as a money services business, meaning we keep all our clients’ money in Canada and use bank-level security measures on our platform.
We’ve raised over $60M to date, growing from one employee in February 2017 to over 100 employees by January of 2019. We’ve been featured in major media outlets across Canada and are always dedicated to bringing digital asset investing to the mainstream through our various operations like digital currency mining, funds, capital markets, and other offerings coming down the pipeline as we grow.
Discover what’s possible with digital currency by checking out our trading platform:
Coinsquare for Android | iOS | Web
We’re full of bright and diverse thinkers. Team members have equal opportunities to contribute to our success within a scale-up culture that encourages self-starters, transparency and team connectivity.
Coinsquare is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment where we welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Should you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
In order to promote and enhance the security of Coinsquare and our platform, just so you know, anyone receiving a job offer will be required to complete a background check.