Senior Compliance Officer
About the job
We are hiring on behalf of our client.
About Our Client
Based out of Calgary, Alberta, our client is one of Canada’s premier cryptocurrency platforms that prides themselves in providing a frictionless cryptocurrency exchange experience with some of the most popular trading pairs on the market.
Our client’s cryptocurrency platform supports Canadians in entering the cryptocurrency market by providing instant account set-up, competitive fees, expedited deposits and withdrawal functions, and around-the-clock industry-leading customer support.
Our client is truly innovative and believes in industry collaborations and moving the cryptocurrency agenda forward in Canada. Our client’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional investment and corporate banking industry and experience providing strategic, financial, and operational leadership to global and domestic companies.
Our client is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their team in Calgary. The candidate will be reporting directly to the CEO and will handle many of the AML operational duties, including implementing policies/procedures, record keeping, and reporting requirements set out by the FINTRAC.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong traditional AML and Compliance experience, who has a passion for cryptocurrency and digital assets, and is looking to embark on a new career with one of Canada’s top cryptocurrency platforms.
- Build, develop and maintain a comprehensive AML program for the company
- Manage and maintain AML compliance policies and procedures
- Ensure monitoring and coordinating the AML compliance activities of other internal teams as needed.
- Perform periodic risk assessment and compliance testing
- Manage the company’s activities related to internal and external AML audits
- Conduct compliance due diligence on third-party partners
- Ensure regulatory filings, reports and documentation are completed with accuracy and expediency
- Perform necessary regulatory filings and registrations
- Liaise with national and international law enforcement and regulatory entities
- Train company staff on compliance programs and fraud prevention measures
Skills & Requirements
- 5 -7 years of experience in managing AML and compliance risks and issues within a regulated business and implementing compliance programs
- Expert knowledge of PCMLTFA legislation and regulation relating to AML, banking, MSBs, and Payment Service Providers (PSPs)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards in relation to AML regulations, and experience with regulators
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work in a multi-product environment
- Ability to work closely with other areas of the business (including business executives) to gather required information and inputs
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload and exercise excellent judgment, analytical rigour, and commercial pragmatism
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at senior management levels
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Passionate about cryptocurrency, digital assets, and payment service products/solutions
Nice to Haves
- FinTech, MSB, PSP experience is considered an asset
- Professional certification (e.g. CAMS, CFCS and CFE) is a plus
- Cryptocurrency Designations and/or Training (e.g. Chainalysis Certificates and other Blockchain Certifications) is an asset
Where are you working?
In order to maximize the candidate’s training and learning experience, the candidate is expected to work full-time from our client’s office located in Downtown Calgary, Alberta.