Senior Compliance Officer
Flexiti has reimagined point-of-sale (POS) consumer financing to drive sales for retailers in-store and online, becoming one of Canada’s leading private label credit card issuers. Through
our award-winning platform, we deliver a POS financing experience across any device that is
customer-centric, simple and intuitive. Without the need to integrate into existing POS
systems, retail partners can easily offer the same fast and paperless financing solution
across all retail locations and sales channels to increase revenue and build loyalty through
repeat purchases. For more information, visit www.flexiti.com.
Senior Compliance Officer
Flexiti is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join its team. Reporting to the Chief Legal
Officer, the Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for Flexiti’s compliance program.
This is a great opportunity to lead the compliance function for a fast-paced, high-growth
company. This will start as an individual contributor role with an opportunity to grow and
lead the compliance team in the near future.
• Responsible for Flexiti’s compliance program, including:
o internal risk assessments;
o assist the business with developing, reviewing and implementing internal
o develop, review and update policies and procedures;
o test and monitor compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures and
address areas that need improvement;
o employee and vendor training.
• Collaborate with business colleagues to manage regulatory risk;
• Review of marketing materials, proposals and other communications;
• Assist with compliance-related escalations;
• Interface with regulators and third parties;
• Serve as a subject-matter expert to support the business with compliance-related
• Other duties related to compliance-related matters as assigned.
Below are just a few reasons why people love working here:
• An opportunity to be a part of an award winning and fast-growing company;
• An innovative culture that promotes autonomy and flexibility;
• A dynamic team and working environment that provides ongoing support; and
• Competitive compensation package commensurate to experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree in a related field is preferred;
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience, particularly in the financial services industry;
• Knowledge of the regulatory environment in connection with financial services,
consumer protection and privacy;
• Specific knowledge of regulatory requirements in connection with credit cards and
consumer lending is an asset;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Proficiency in French is an asset.
Flexiti’s office is located in downtown Toronto, however, we are working remotely during the
pandemic. We will consider candidates located anywhere in Canada and are open to
considering a long-term remote work arrangement, however, the person in this role may be
required to attend in-person meetings in Toronto occasionally.
Flexiti embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of
backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or family status. If you require a disability-related accommodation during the application or interview process, simply let us know and
we’ll work with you to ensure you have a positive experience.