Senior Compliance Specialist
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital (OLG.ca), retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. Despite our success, we are now setting our sights on becoming a top competitor in the digital gaming space all while strengthening our retail presence across Ontario.
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be accountable for developing and executing activities under the Enterprise Compliance Framework (ECF) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Program to monitor and report on regulatory compliance. Specifically, the Senior Compliance Specialist will:
- discharge risk-based monitoring and oversight responsibilities for core regulatory obligations; and
- proactively advise Business Management on regulatory risk, control effectiveness, achievement of compliance outcomes.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Manager AML Advisory, you will:
- Maintain awareness of current money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions laws and regulations, compliance requirements, policies/procedures and internal controls.
- Consider regulatory amendments and emerging industry risks to develop controls to mitigate and manage AML risks.
- Assist with the development and documentation of policies/procedures, internal control manuals and analytical rules.
- Contribute analyses and commentary to OLG management reporting and in support of AML Unit objectives.
- Develop and continuously improve Corporate Compliance policies/procedures, guidance, technology, and tools to ensure application of core activities across all AML teams.
- Prepare the annual risk-based oversight plan which highlights monitoring and testing activities addressing key regulatory compliance risks.
- Review and effectively challenge policies/procedures and controls to ensure adequacy in addressing core regulatory obligations.
- Execute compliance monitoring & testing plan for assigned portfolio to report on Business Areas and Service Providers adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and related control effectiveness.
- Monitor compliance and regulatory audit issues and evaluate sufficiency of remediation plans for assigned portfolio.
- Deliver AML compliance programs in an effective, economical and efficient manner and provide advice to support team performance.
- Create and deliver AML training content and/or education strategies for OLG and Service Providers.
- Liaise with regulators on regulatory matters/audits and/or advise Business and Shared Services in their interaction with regulators. Ensure that audit recommendations, observations and findings are addressed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Land-Based Gaming to maintain positive working relationships with Service Providers and other external partners (e.g. regulators, other provincial gaming managers, etc.).
- Work with internal partners (e.g. Corporate Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.) to support AML compliance reviews.
- Liaise with Land-Based Gaming and Service Providers as it relates to the coordination of site visits, data reporting and review, and other monitoring activities.
- Support OLG and Service Providers by identifying risks associated with new product, service or initiative offerings.
- Leverage data sources and analysis to identify key risk areas identify opportunities for enhancement and disseminate best practices associated with the AML program.
- Engage with partners in Business and Shared Services to discuss regulatory risks, trends, best practices and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide guidance regarding questions specific to compliance with AML controls and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities within OLG’s AML Unit as required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience preferred, understanding of OLG’s core regulatory obligations, understanding of Regulatory Compliance Management practices and control concepts, experience in governance, compliance, risk management, audit, investigations or related experience preferred, familiarity with federal PCMLTFA, FINTRAC reporting requirements and Canada’s AML regulatory regime
Education: Relevant professional designations an asset (e.g. compliance, risk, and audit designations), completion of CAMS or CFCS preferred
Technical: Ability to interpret and apply legislation, internal controls, policies/procedures, ability to formulate positions and conclusions based on the analysis of appropriate data sources, experience augmenting, collating, and creating reports/dashboards and working with diverse data sources/sets
Other: we are looking for someone with excellent business acumen, strong analytical, thinking and problem-solving skills, effective relationship management and influencing skills, excellent communication and writing skills, a quick, effective decision maker and critical thinker, strong organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to work independently
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates:
- AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (Initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional upon obtaining and maintaining this license)
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by September 23, 2021.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.