Sr. Manager, AML Compliance
Join our growing and successful Team!
Duo Bank is a Canadian Bank founded on a mission to provide value-driven financial products that are clear and simple, to help Canadians focus on what matters to them. We specialize in turnkey and customizable financial services solutions designed to deepen customer loyalty and grow sales. Our growing complement of products and services includes credit card, rewards and related protection services. With a value-driven approach to financial services, robust sales channels and innovative and efficient operational solutions, Duo Bank partners with industry leading service providers to deliver the next generation of financial solutions.
Our associates are creating and delivering best-in-class customer experiences every day working as a team in our fast-paced, collaborative environment, where new ideas and unique perspectives are welcomed and valued. We embrace an ownership mindset that fuels creativity, high performance and new approaches that challenge the status quo.
Duo Bank is more than a place to work; it’s a place to thrive.
Location: Downtown Toronto office, however all Associates are currently working from home temporarily until further notice.
The successful candidate will take a leading role in collaboration with the CAMLO to enhance the design and expansion of the AML/ATF Program to align with the growth of the Bank and its subsidiaries.
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility to assist the CAMLO in the day-to-day management and execution of the AML/ATF Program in the planning and execution of independent challenge as it relates to the design and operating effectiveness of the AML/ATF Program with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Monitor and align with the Legal and Compliance departments to interpret changes to the Canadian AML/ATF laws and regulations and implement such changes within the Regulatory Compliance Framework.
- Draft, maintain and keep up to date Enterprise AML policies.
- Assist in examinations by internal/external auditors and regulators.
- Assist in the development of AML/ATF training for employees, external vendors and the Board of Directors.
- Perform AML/ATF risk assessments of new and existing products and services.
- Provide oversight of self-assessments of AML controls and ensure that gaps identified through self-assessments are remediated according to corrective action plans for control deficiencies.
- Manage and direct the day-to-day AML activities of the bank, including the management of vendors and staff
- Review escalations and reports from analysts and vendors and make applicable filing and remediation recommendations.
- Assist the CAMLO to provide oversight of AML control activity and execution of independent challenge as it relates to the design and operating effectiveness of the AML/ATF Program
- Assist in the drafting, review and maintenance of AML/ATF Program procedures to align with policy requirements.
- Supporting the development and execution of a robust testing plan to ensure adherence with Bank policies and applicable regulatory requirements, related to customer on-boarding and enhanced due diligence, name screening, unusual and suspicious activity monitoring, reporting, etc.
- Responsible and manage the filing of regulatory reports to applicable regulators.
- Maintain a high level of regulatory compliance awareness and knowledge and serve as the AML business compliance officer for the RCM framework.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- 5 – 7 years of AML/ATF experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of AML/ATF and Sanctions regulatory requirements including the Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and Regulations, FINTRAC Guidelines, Designated Persons Listings and Sanctions Laws.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable to new workflow and changing environments.
- ACAMS certification an asset
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel skills is an asset.
- Self-motivated and a demonstrated history of critical thinking and good judgment.
Duo Bank will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.