Head of Compliance
- Provide strategic insights, guidance, and decisions on compliance matters to protect our company, products, and our customers
- Develop policy and operation procedures reflecting business and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate our processes to identify compliance risks and implement actions to address them.
- Build strategic, tactical and operational goals according to timelines and budget
- Oversee the daily operations of the local Compliance teams including hiring, training and managing staff and managing escalations
- Build and advocate for product compliance requirements
- Maintain and scale compliance programs
- Lead independent assessments related to Cash App's different compliance programs
- Represent the voice of compliance with important internal partners including senior and executive managers along with board of directors
- Be the primary compliance contact with all external partners and maintain partner relationships
- At least 10 years of proven and progressive experience in a senior compliance management role
- Knowledge in the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and Regulations dealing in both fiat and virtual currencies
- Successful completion of the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist exam (CAMS) and/or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge in Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) Crypto Assets Trading regulatory requirements is a plus
- Knowledge of the EU Money Laundering Directive and the USA Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) is useful
- Experience working with products from a conceptual idea to a full public launch
- Tactical experience on how to manage independent audits and regulatory examinations
- Manage and strengthen compliance programs, even better if you have built one from step zero
- Experience with compliance in international markets
- Knowledge on how to navigate the payments or financial technology space
- A clear approach to build roadmaps and lead the strategic direction for the team
- A clear management philosophy to grow an organization in a fast-growing business
- Impeccable ethical standards
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.