HEAD OF AML
ABOUT THE JOB
About The Role
TCAE is hiring for our Crypto FINTECH Client.
Our client is a financial services technology company with a mission to help people globally access and unlock the power of digital assets to build generational wealth. Their core suite of products and services is comprised of:
- Dollar loans backed by bitcoin (for those who want liquidity but do not want to sell);
- Crypto or stablecoin savings accounts (for those who want to earn a yield on their digital asset);
- B2X loans (a service that doubles the amount of bitcoin you own through the use of a bitcoin-backed loan); and
- Trading function (between bitcoin and stablecoin).
Our client has built a proprietary technology and operational stack which allows them to deliver world class financial products across the globe.
Our client is looking for a Head of AML to join their growing regulatory compliance team, where you’ll get to witness and participate in our client’s rapid growth stage.
You will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the core components of the AML compliance function and supporting the development and execution of strategic plans for our client’s global business. The successful candidate will be leading a team of AML professionals in Canada and in other regions.
The role will be based in Toronto, Canada and report directly to the Chief Legal Officer and Chief Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate is someone who has an extensive AML/Compliance background within a global organization in the banking, financial services and/or lending space, and is highly driven by the prospect of constant growth and change.
- Build, develop and maintain a comprehensive global AML program for the company
- Have oversight of the global AML compliance policies and procedures
- Supervise and monitor the AML compliance activities of the global team
- Conduct periodic compliance testing, risk assessments, assess findings and address both the strengths and deficiencies with key stakeholders
- Ensure that the executive team receives timely and complete information about the adequacy and effectiveness of the AML programs
- Supervise and manage the company’s activities related to internal and external AML audits
- Ensure all global regulatory filings, reports and documentation are completed with accuracy and expediency
- Liaise with national and international law enforcement and regulatory entities
- Lead and train a global team of AML compliance professionals on compliance program and fraud prevention measures
Skills & Requirements:
- 8+ years of global experience and leadership in managing AML risk and compliance issues within a regulated business and implementing compliance programs
- Banking, financial services industry, Fintech experience is required
- Professional certification (e.g. CFA, MBA, CAMS, CFCS, FIS, CFE, CCEP, CCFC, CRC, CBP and CCI)
- Expert knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to AML;
- Knowledge of banking and/or securities laws is a plus
- Expert knowledge about the industry practices and professional standards in relation to AML regulations, and experience with regulators
- Remarkable ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional ability to work closely with other areas of the business (including business executives) to gather required information and inputs
- Unique ability to manage a large and varied workload and exercise excellent judgment, analytical rigour and commercial pragmatism
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at senior management levels
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge and understanding of digital assets
- Fluent in English; Additional language skills, particularly Spanish, French and Portuguese are a plus.
It’s COVID, where are you working?
This position is remote at the moment. Our client’s headquarter is in downtown Toronto, Canada, with a return to work plan anticipated for Fall 2021.