Senior Manager, National Compliance
What is the opportunity?
Royal Mutual Funds Inc. (RMFI) Compliance is seeking a passionate, results oriented strategic thinker to join the team as Senior Manager, National Compliance. In this role, you will act as key compliance adviser and work closely with business and functional partners to ensure effective controls are in place in support of RMFI’s compliance program.
You will be part of a diverse, dynamic team that collaborates with a range of stakeholders and functions partners to ensure that the activities of mutual fund licensed representatives and financial planners within Royal Bank Canadian Banking comply with applicable regulations.
What will you do?
- Support the Director in providing compliance oversight of securities-licensed and related sales activities within Mutual Fund Distribution, Financial Planning, Private Banking, Advice Centre, and Group Advantage
- Provide expert compliance advice by recommending practical solutions, balancing business practices and regulatory risks for business-driven and other compliance-related projects, including digital initiatives requiring compliance guidance
- Monitor and act on regulatory proposals and rule changes, including participating in internal and industry working groups
- Manage key relationships with business and functional partners
- Review and update Compliance policies and procedures periodically to reflect changes to regulatory and/or business requirements
- Coordinate RMFI Compliance responses to regulatory reviews, internal and external audits
- Review escalated issues involving Marketing and Sales Communications compliance reviews
- Conduct compliance risk assessments and privacy impact assessments
What do you need to succeed?
- Expert knowledge of the securities industry
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with MFDA/IIROC regulatory compliance, risk and/or audit experience
- Ability to converse effectively and diplomatically with individuals at all levels
- Innovative self-starter who works well under pressure
- University degree in business, finance or related discipline
- Canadian Securities Course or mutual funds licensing courses
- Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course
- Conduct and Practices Handbook Course and/or Chief Compliance Officers Qualifying Exam
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team